Tuesday 24 October 2017

Bitcoin on Netflix

This is a short post I just had the urge to write after watching a recent movie I will try not to spoil it for you by writing to much about it!!!

I recently watched a movie on Netflix called "Banking on Bitcoin", I thought how the hell can they make a movie on this but to my surprise it turned out to be a very good movie. Don't read any further as I will talk a little about the movie.

The movie starts at the beginning of where Bitcoin came from and who created it, it kind of gave me the idea about doing some blog post on the way they structured the movie. It covers both the good and the bad side of bitcoin (Silk Road). The movie has plenty of interviews with powerful people involved in bitcoin around the beginning and shows the troubles they got into when bitcoin was not fully understood. A prime example of this was when Charlie Shrem one of the founders of the bitcoin foundation.

The movie can give a better understanding of what is involved in bitcoin and who is involved in it. People that I have told to watch it have all had mixed feelings about with some saying its just a faze and will pass while others wanting to find out more such as ways to buy bitcoin. One thing I can say is it is really worth the watch and judge for yourself what you think of it.  Below is a short trailer of the movie and remember you can watch it on Netflix (or some dodgy site) not condoning that method do.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bitcoin surges past $10,000?

Will it won't it that is the question? At the moment it is sitting at around $9,532 and getting closer to that 10k mark. I think it ...